Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Midsummer Night's Dream

Since cast as the lead role in an original fairy tale in 2nd grade, I have loved theater.  For the past 12 years, it has been a relatively constant hobby of mine, as I try to dabble in at least one show each year.  A Midsummer Night's Dream has been in that rotation three times in the last eight years, to my immense delight.  In the first iteration for the Ohio Shakespeare Festival, I designed only two costumes, as I also performed, sang, and played violin.  The second iteration was my very first time as a show's costume designer -- a shockingly stressful position, at times.  This last time, I was the costume designer for St. Augustine's HEP, and it was, bar none, my most successful costume venture thus far.
The Hilarious Rustics
Oberon & Titania
Grumpy Egeus
The Fairies (& assorted ladies of the court)
Lysander and Demetrius
Curtain Call with our brilliant director
After the show

1 comment:

The Irish Man said...

Meghan dear friend, you must blog more about these interesting things! Even if it is about stitching!!