Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New York Fashion Week 2010: Marc Jacobs

Fashion, as such, I find a little exhausting.  Being a thrift store and sales bins sort of girl, the idea of running on the heels of fashion makes me want to clutch at my purse, like people advise you do on public transportation in foreign countries.  I like clothes and design, of course, but Fashion is an entirely different animal and I have not visited that cage at the zoo very often.  This year, inspired by my friend Maggie, I thought I would have a bit of last week's New York Fashion Week:


Marc Jacobs    
NYMag

NYMag
NYMag
The colors are dramatic and warm with vintage-y patterns, and I really hope the big, bold floor-lengthiness of some of the pieces gets to the trickle-down.  I am not ready to say goodbye to long dresses, and it would be nice to have something other than the casual maxi-dress.  I even like the satin in this last dress against all odds, although it looks the hem was accidentally stitched to the shoulder flower.  There is a lot of prettiness here. 

2 comments:

Black Mona said...

Way to go, Marc Jacobs! These are absolutely LOVELY.

Meghan McNally said...

I knew you would like this collection. :) Great colors.